The College provides counseling services that:
- Assist students with development of meaningful educational plans that are compatible with their identified goals;
- Assist students through a system of testing in acquiring appropriate career goals;
- Assist students in making career choices by providing information and assessments regarding various careers;
- Provide services to aid students in their transition and success with their college experience;
- And assist students in dealing with obstacles that interfere with their educational, occupational, social, and personal goals.
Student Success and Career Centers are located on both the Shoals and Phil Campbell Campuses. Various materials are available for the student’s personal use, such as Computerized Interest Inventories and Career Explorations Programs, college catalogs, and Occupational Guidance Literature.
Career Services provides assistance to students in locating and securing employment upon graduation, as well as part-time employment while they are pursuing their degree or certificate.
Career Services includes assistance with career interest inventories, resume preparation, employment applications and the development of interview skills.
Employers contact Career Services to hire currently enrolled students as well as graduates. Career Services personnel:
- Post job vacancies;
- Make job applications accessible to students upon employers’ request;
- Send resume to employers;
- Assist employers with scheduling interviews.
Each semester, Career Services conducts a “Job Seeking Skills” workshop. Topics include resume writing, job search information, employability skills, and interviewing skills.
Students must be currently enrolled or Northwest-Shoals graduates and must complete a registration form and
have a current resume on file to be eligible to register with Career Services. The Career Services staff is available by appointment for individual assistance.
Students are encouraged to keep their files current.
Phil Campbell Campus – 256.331.6297
Shoals Campus – 256.331.5375