Hours of Operation
(subject to change)
Shoals Campus - Building 101
- Phone: 256.331.5227
- Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Friday 7:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Website: www.nwsccshop.com
Phil Campbell Campus - Building 304
- Phone: 256.331.6213
- Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Website: www.nwscc-pcshop.com
Methods of Payment
The Bookstore accepts cash, check, gift cards, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express, and PayPal.
- Checks will be accepted for the amount of purchase only.
- Third Party checks will not be accepted.
- Student ID or driver’s license is required when writing a check.
- Checks should be made payable to NW-SCC Bookstore.
- Refunds will be credited in the same form as payment method. Example: Purchase made with credit card will be returned to credit card.
- Refunds for purchases paid by check are subject to a 15 day waiting period from time of purchase.
- Financial Aid credits will be returned to student account or Higher One card.
Textbook/Course Material Refund Policy
Textbooks and course materials in resalable condition may be refunded with a receipt within seven (7) calendar days from the start of classes or within two (2) days of purchase thereafter, including summer terms.Textbooks and course materials purchased during the last week of classes or during exam week are not eligible for return.
Defective books should be returned immediately for a replacement. A receipt is required for exchanging defective books.
General Merchandise Refund Policy
Non-textbook items may be refunded or exchanged within 30 days of the sale with the original receipt, providing the merchandise is in resalable condition. Items must contain all original packaging and accessories.
Defective merchandise must be returned immediately with a receipt for a replacement. Computer software, CDs and DVDs may be returned providing they are unopened and shrink-wrapped.
Financial Aid Students
(Pell, WIOA, TAA, Scholarships, etc.)
- Charges will be accepted for a limited time each semester. Exact dates for charges will be posted in the Bookstore.
- Picture ID (student ID or Driver’s License) is required for all financial aid charges.
- Students are responsible for knowing what books or merchandise can be charged to their particular type of financial aid program.
- Gift items and clothing can not be charged to any type of financial aid.
Rental and digital options are available on many textbooks and more are being added every semester. See bookstore staff for details.
The Bookstore buys books back every day. The buyback amount is determined by several factors including but not limited to the use of the book for the next semester and the condition of the book. Buyback amounts cannot be determined over the phone. See bookstore staff for details.
- Always keep your receipt.
- Notice signs posted in and around the Bookstore to stay informed about key information.
- Shop early if possible for a better selection of used books.
- Always bring your Student ID.
- Bring your class schedule with you to ensure that you purchase the correct books.
- Books are labeled with tags that include class information. Just match the course number to your schedule.
- If you purchase the wrong book you may return it provided you follow the refund policy.
- When a book is listed as optional you may want to go to class before purchasing it.