Salon and Spa Management Instructor Training
Available: Shoals Campus
Advisors: C. Bankston (5265) email@example.com
M. Grissom (5420) firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructor training is a teacher training program for licensed Cosmetologist. The student is introduced to curriculum development principles and methods of teaching through independent study. The courses include application of learning principles, methods, and techniques in a classroom and laboratory environment. Required record keeping, classroom management, and methods of evaluation are included in the short-term certificate.
The full-time program consists of two semesters, along with having a current Cosmetology license for at least one year, and three semesters if not currently licensed for one year. After completion of the prescribed curriculum, the student is eligible to take the NIC Alabama Board of Cosmetology and Barbering Instructor’s license. Completed courses and hours are transferable to some states for licensing.
Requirements for admission:
- Approved application with NWSCC Salon and Spa Program.
- Student must have a current Cosmetology license for at least 1 year (the program requires two semesters).
- If student has a current Cosmetology license for less than a year, the program requires three semesters.
- Student instructors will furnish their books and materials necessary for the course.
- Associate in Applied Science Degree in Salon and Spa Management is required.